Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In print...finally...


Yesterday I went to the mailbox and was delighted to find that my copy of "Oh, the Horror!" by Static Movement had arrived.

This anthology of short horror tales is the first printed book where my work appears that is sold by distributors (Pill Hill Press for now, eventually Amazon).

I can't begin to express in words how giddy I was when I opened the book and saw my two flash stories, "Out of the Box," and "Telescope Moment" listed on the Table of Contents page as being on pages 78 and 82 respectively.

Then I went to those pages in the book and stared at them for a good, long while, trying to fathom my feelings about seeing my work in a book.

Don't anybody pinch me.

I might wake up.

5 comments:

  1. Yay and congrats! It's a good feeling to see your work in print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very exciting! I'm expecting "Creepy Things" any day now which has my spider story "World Wide Web" in it. That's one of my favorite stories and folks did seem to like it when I posted it on #fridayflash. Looking forward to seeing it in print as well. Friend in my Algebra class is going to take a pic of me with the books so I can post that on here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, I need to go check the mail and see if it's been delivered yet. *Anticipation* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is an amazing feeling, isn't it? I'll submit my first piece EVER to Pill Hill Press (in April). I am nervous, but I'm trying my best to horrify my way to publication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GK;

    Stick with it! You'll make it. It takes a lot of time and effort. Don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete